Wednesday 25 April 2012

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the rogression from it to the full product?

Through out the whole process of creating both my preliminary and main task I have learnt a wide range of tips and techniques about the world of media. I have been able to collect research into media institutions and have analysed other films and videos using the four media concepts of camera, sound, editing and mise-en-scene and I have applied what i have learnt and the idea's i have picked up to both my preliminary and main task.We have also learnt how to story board our idea's, including transitions, camera angles, timing for each clip and detail into what is happening in that scene.

 I have learnt how to achieve simple camera shots and angles ranging from match-on-action, over the shoulder, point of view shot, close-up and mid-shot. I have also learnt how to manage and organise time, props, location and actors for the filming. This was quite a challenge for our group and we had a few issues on finding a location for our party scene. However we were able to over come this problem.

Through the process of creating our final piece i have learnt how to edit using Final Cut Pro and have learnt new ways of adding sound, transitions and text. I have also learnt how to cut out clips and add still images, from watching tutorials on YouTube. During the process of creating our film I have noticed a few errors in the film we have produced such as a continuity error where a camera is in one scene and gone in the other.


There is also an unwanted person sat in the top screen of one shot and finally in the mise-en-scene you can see our storyboard lying on the bathroom floor.








Overall I have been able to learn a wide range of techniques that i have applied to both my preliminary and main task, and i am very happy with the outcome and will be taking what I have learnt to the next stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment